Friday, May 29, 2009


Wow it's definitely been a while! In the last two weeks I've barely left my bed because of the crazy fever I've had. I've made some interesting "fever soups" which I can only say were born out of feverish, hungry thoughts that weren't too picky what I ate, as long as it was warm, vegan, and warm. But I'm on the road to recovery, and felt like doing a little proper baking.

I'm really pleased with the results of these cookies, I didn't use a set recipe, rather a bunch of different inspirations online. I'll try to remember what I did.

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups of kamut and spelt flours (equal mix)
1/4 of a cup corn starch
1/2 cup of carob powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 a banana, blended
1/2 a tsp salt
carob nibs (about 2 handfuls)

1/2 cup canola oil
about 1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup apple sauce
1/2 cup of coffee (I used decaf)
about 2 handfuls of carob and chocolate chips

Method

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
Mix wet ingredients, including blended banana in another bowl.
Add wet to dry, and add in carob nibs.

Grease a baking pan, scoop about a tbsp at a time on to the pan.
Bake for about 12 minutes, let cool and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment