Friday, March 6, 2009

Creamy Avocado Green Soup



The other day, my friend mentionned she made chilled avocado and cucumber soup which sounded amazing to me. So I thought I'd try my own hand at it. I made a Spinach and Avocado Soup! The temperature is supposed to go up to 15 degrees today, so it's time for some spring inspired recipes!

Ingredients

1 ripe avocado

2 cups of vegetable broth

1 cup of tightly packed baby spinach

1/4 of a package of silken tofu
2 tablespoons of lemon juice

about 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley

ground pepper

cayenne pepper (I use a very small pinch)

Method

On the stove top, boil some water, and pop in the spinach for about a minute.

Blend together the chopped and peeled avocado, spinach, the lemon juice, the silken tofu, veggie broth, parsley and ground pepper until it has a creamy consistency.

Let chill, pour out into bowls, and sprinkle parsley and add cayenne pepper to taste.

Enjoy!


5 comments:

  1. mm.. looks so rich and creamy. cant wait to try the recipe

    http://www.rawpeople.com/?utm_source=A&utm_medium=B&utm_campaign=C

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm that spinach substituting sounds so great i want to retry this now

    ReplyDelete
  3. the cucumber and avocado you told me about sounded cool and delicious, I want to try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your sweet message! Love your name ;)

    ReplyDelete