Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That

Hello everybody! I've been busy for the last couple of days with work, and school, in particular, assignments. So I haven't tried out my own recipes. But I did try a couple. I made these:

http://domesticaffair.blogspot.com/2005/04/simply-sweet.html DELICIOUS Maple Flax Cookies by Jae Steele over at Domestic Goddess. They were a big hit with my mom because she can't eat sugar, and this recipe relies on maple syrup to sweeten the cookies. I was excited about them because I'm trying out the "Get Baked with Mat and Dave" challenge of trying to use more 100% Canadian maple syrup in my cooking.

I also tried out this recipe:
http://urbandrivel.blogspot.com/2009/03/more-here-and-therebut-mostly-there.html

Its chocolate, peanut butter banana bread. I was going to bring it to a friend's house (hey Mel!) but some weird and funky things were going on with my oven and it came out all crumbly (but delicious!) I'll try it again when my oven is not CRAZY.

I've also tried making my own juice...smoothie style. Because I don't have a juicer grrr. So they really turn out thick, but the flavour's been great and I'm not too picky.

I've tried out

carrot, apple, giner

and

spinach, apple, ginger, celery and tomato.

Good stuff, and full of nutrients!

1 comment:

  1. I have to try your chocolate peanut butter bread next time!!! Check out my blog for a picture of the banana chips. Ahh yay food!

    ReplyDelete