Sunday, March 1, 2009

If At First You Don't Succeed...



Spiced Apple Ginger Bread: Take Two

The other day I posted a recipe for Spiced Apple Ginger Bread, and I enjoyed it, but my dad took one bite, and unfortunately for him it was mostly ginger. So that left a bad impression of the entire loaf of bread, which is why I thought maybe I should alter the recipe a bit. It was pretty gingery. So I tried it out again, this time using 3 Tbs of grated ginger instead of six. I also decided to use maple syrup instead of brown sugar. There’s a great online (for me its online) radio program called “Let’s Get Baked with Mat and Dave”. It’s a vegan cooking and music radio program based in Halifax, and I decided to accept their challenge: use more of Canada’s Number 1 National Treasure: maple syrup! I agree with them, people use too much refined sugar. So join the movement---use maple syrup in your cooking! And check out their website to find tasty dishes and neat interviews with Canadian musicians: http://letsgetbaked.ckdu.ca/

I won’t repost the entire ingredient list, just substitute the brown sugar for an equal amount of maple syrup (100% Canadian), banana instead of apple sauce (and instead of egg) and 3 Tbs of ginger instead of 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment