Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day everybody! No recipes right now, I just wanted to wish everyone a good day. All day I've been reading about and hearing about cutting some, if not all animal meat is one of the best things you can do to reduce your negative impact on the earth. This is something I already knew, but I hope with each passing year it gets more publicity and the public continues to listen. And if you don't care about the many animal lives and suffering you will save, think selfishly and preserve our planet! C'mon!

2 comments:

  1. lol i have an earth day story. today my mom was cooking eggs and trying to get me to eat some because she thinks i don't get enough protein. then later my dad came in and was eating some and he was like "you know, i was listening to a doctor on cbc today talking about how even one egg a day will increase your risk of heart disease and stroke by 30%." hahahahahah and my mom has high cholesterol so she sort of like checked herself i guess. and i felt a bit triumphant. especially since i was making gf vegan muffins at the time. (she ended up trying half of one afterwards and said they were really good! and she was like they stick together so well how does that work without egg? and i said BANANA really loud and mushroom looked at me with huge, wanting eyes)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I wish I could meet Mushroom, he sounds so cool! Great story, I know most people I talk to have no idea there are so many easy vegan substitutes...egg...meat...dairy...whatever! your muffys sound amazing by the way!

    ReplyDelete