Thursday, April 23, 2009

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


I slept in a bit today...til 9:30. I made a smoothie, fed my kitties, and decided to make some oatmeal cookies. Many recipes for oatmeal cookies Ive seen call for a lot of oil, or margarine, but I cut most fat out of this recipe by using soft tofu instead of margarine, and soy milk instead of oil. And they were delicious!

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups of mixed kamut and spelt flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup soft tofu
1/2 cup soy milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup oats
1/2 cup raisins
1 handful of carob nibs (optional)

Method

Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Combine flour and baking soda
In a separate bowl, mix sugar and tofu with a blender
Add milk, and vanilla, stir well
Add flour and mix well
Stir in oats and raisins (carob nibs as well if you wish)
Scoop onto a baking pan, 1 tbsp at a time.
Bake for about 15 minutes, and let cool
Enjoy!
I was totally cheesy and let mine cool on an open windowsill, thank you Spring!

1 comment: