Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spinach Soup




These little beauties are out in my garden right now, unfortunately they've taken a beating from all the snow we've had. April really is the cruelest month! Some spinach soup warmed me up though. This recipe popped into my head while I was at work. Since I don't have a picture of the soup, picture a creamy greenish soup, YUM!



Ingredients

2 tsp of olive oil

2 cloves of garlic

1/2 an onion

1 stalk of celery

1 potato

1 cups of vegetable stock

1 cup of water

2 cups of soymilk

1 cup of tightly packed baby spinach

freshly ground pepper



Method

Heat oil in large soup pot

Saute onion, garlic, celery and potato until soft and slightly browned (approximately 5 minutes)

Add the veggie stock, water, and soymilk

Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 19 minutes

Stir in the spinach (save the rest for later)

Blend using a hand blender

Simmer for another 10 minutes


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment