Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Beet and Almond Salad


The other night I made dinner, Beet Salad and homemade vegan, gluten free lasagna. I made the noodles from scratch, and it didn't turn out so pretty. The lasagna recipe needs improving, but I was pretty happy with the salad. The only negative I have to say is that those damn beets took a lot of energy to shred. It was delicious and worth it though.


Beet Salad


On a bed of baby spinach, lay down about 1/3 of a cup to 1/2 a cup of shredded beets.

Add a sprinkle of dill on top (I wanted to use cilantro, but I ran out).

Sprinkle a handful of whole, natural, almonds on top.


For the dressing, I used maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and olive oil, and pepper. I like my dressing more vinegary than sweet and oily, so the cider was the dominant ingredient.


One reason I really liked this was it looked so great with the dark beets against the green of the spinach. Next time I'm going to shred some carrot on top because I think the orange would look beautiful against the red.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment