Saturday, February 21, 2009




Blueberry, Banana, and Oat Bread


This is another recipe I tried from Urban Drivel. It’s Fat Free Blueberry, Banana, and Oat Bread, here’s the link for her recipe:

http://urbandrivel.blogspot.com/2007/06/virtually-fat-free-blueberry-banana.html

This bread got the approval of everyone in my family who tried it, and I love knowing that its got nutritional value annnnnd is delicious. It was very easy to make, and had very few ingredients, and the nutmeg added a really interesting flavour. This is a recipe I want to memorize so I can make this whenever I want.

Ingredients:

1 ½ cups of flour (once again I used half and half kamut and spelt flour)
½ cup of oats
¾ of a cup of brown sugar
½ tsp of baking powder
½ tsp of baking soda
¾ of a tsp nutmeg
½ cup of applesauce (I blended 1 apple)
1 banana mashed
¾ cup of blueberries (we both used frozen)


Method


Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl
Add applesauce and banana, mix well until everything is well blended
Add blueberries and continue to mix.
Scoop into a greased bread pan
Bake for 50 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment