Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mmmm Chocolate Bread



Fat Free Vegan Chocolate Bread


One of the reasons why I love Urban Drivel is because she always has amazing bread! I made some modifications because I didn’t have any nuts at all in my house, or “Dutch processed cacao (only the regular kind), or chocolate chips, and the only egg replacer I could use was corn starch. So I’m pleased this recipe came out at all, and even managed to be tasty. That being said, mine is a little dry, but I think it’s my fault and not the bread’s. Don’t blame the innocent bread! Here’s her recipe, from the rating I’m sure it’s…uh, so damn good : http://urbandrivel.blogspot.com/2007/09/vegan-chocolate-pecan-banana-bread.html

Here’s what I did:

Ingredients

½ a cup of spelt flour
½ a cup of kamut flour + ¾ of a cup of kamut flour (more kamut than spelt)
¼ of a cup Cacao powder
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon of baking powder
¼ of a teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons of cornstarch
½ a cup of pureed apple
3 ripe bananas (I blended these with the apple, you could just mash them)1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract


Method

Heat oven to 350 degrees, and prepare a bread pan.
Mix the dry ingredients (flour, cacao, sugar, baking soda and powder)
In another bowl, mix banana, cornstarch, apple and vanilla
Add wet to dry and mix until combined.
Scoop into the bread pan and voila!
(Put in the oven) Cook for about and hour, check after 50 minutes and test to see if its ready with a metal knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment